To use POMA you must accept the following software license (also available in PDF format) :
POMA 2.0 Software License
The POMA 2.0 Software License is a legal agreement, governed by the laws of Switzerland, between an end user (the "Licensee"), either an individual or an entity, and Dr. Peter Güntert (the "Licensor"). The program package POMA 2.0 (copyright (c) 2002 by Peter Güntert) for simulation of NMR pulse sequences, comprising all computer programs, source code, license keys, documentation, example data and other files delivered to the Licensee, as well as any copies, modifications or derivative works made by the Licensee, are hereinafter referred to collectively as the "Software". A derivative work is any software that contains one or several parts of the Software in original or modified form. If the Licensor provides the Licensee with updates of the Software, these will become part of the Software and will be controlled by this license.
1. The Licensor grants to the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, permanent license to install and use the Software on computer systems located at the site of the Licensee's organization. However, a violation of any of the clauses of this license agreement by the Licensee shall terminate automatically and with immediate effect the Licensee's right to install, use or store the Software in any form. Use of the Software is restricted to the Licensee and to direct collaborators who are members of the organization of the Licensee at the site of the Licensee and who accept the terms of this license. The Licensee shall neither use the Software to produce other software that duplicates functionality of the Software nor translate source code of the Software into another programming language.
2. The Licensor retains at all times ownership of the Software delivered to the Licensee. Any modifications or derivative works based on the Software are considered part of the Software, and ownership thereof is retained by the Licensor. All parts of the Software must carry the copyright notice, will be controlled by this license, and will be promptly destroyed by the Licensee upon termination of this license.
3. The Licensee shall not disclose in any form the Software or any modifications or derivative works based on the Software to third parties without prior written authorization from the Licensor.
4. The Licensee agrees that the Software has been developed in connection with academic research projects and is provided "as is". The Licensor disclaims all warranties with regard to the Software or any of its results, including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Licensor be liable for any damages, however caused, including, without limitation, any damages arising out of the use of the Software, loss of use of the Software, or damage of any sort to the Licensee.
5. The Licensee agrees that any reports or publications of results obtained with the Software will acknowledge its use by the appropriate literature citation: Güntert, P., Schaefer, N., Otting, G. and Wüthrich, K. (1993). POMA, a complete Mathematica implementation of the NMR product operator formalism. J. Magn. Reson. A 101, 103-105.